June 15, 2015

A week in Taiwan

No comments:
 
It has been a family tradition to spend Christmas and New Year’s Eve outside the country. The country to visit depends on my grandmother’s decision. It also depends on the budget (of course! :P).

At first, I was kind of hesitant of joining this trip because I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO EAT THERE!! I mean, I'm not really into Chinese food. I only know how to eat dimsum like Siomai and Spareribs, Yeung Chow Fried Rice, Sweet and Spicy Pork, and Siopao. I was really thinking about how I will survive there. Lol.

To visit the beautiful Taiwan, you need a Visa! Yes, we applied for a visa and luckily, all of us got it!! After getting our visa, I immediately searched all about Taiwan and I was surprised because I thought the weather there is like Manila. But it's cold there! The weather there is the same as Tagaytay's, which is kinda cold. After searching and stuff, I packed my stuff and brought a lot of clothes and 3 pairs of shoes :D #GirlProbs hahaha

We left Manila on December 25, 2014. I forgot the exact time. Then, we arrived in Taiwan around 11 pm or 12 midnight. Anyway, the first thing we do was to go to our hotel and it's so freaking far from the airport. We traveled almost an hour before we arrived in our hotel. Blah blah blah. We slept after getting inside our hotel.

We stayed in a Apartelle in XiLin Village in Taipei.



Hot Star Large Fried Chicken on the streets of Taiwan. So yummy!! <3



Road a bullet train for the first time. 


While strolling inside the mall, I got hungry. I needed something to eat and thank God, they have McDonald's inside the train station's mall. :D 


Outside the train station, there are mini tours around the city and it's for free!




Photo taken outside the old train station.

This is a playground inside the old train station.









One of my favorites in Taiwan!! The Hot Star Large fried chicken!! <3 So much love for this chicken. This one really makes me full even though it's super spicy. I ate this one with a cup of Wintermelon Milktea :D




As a dog lover (lol), I enjoyed walking in the streets of Taiwan. Almost everyone has a dog and they are super cute!!




I am  actually not a fan of Chinese cuisine, well except for the Yang Chao rice and other stuff but this trip introduced me to a different culture that made me learn and appreciate things that I am not familiar with. Likewise, this trip made me confident in terms of talking and mingling with people who I just met. 

I will definitely go back to Taiwan. This is a beautiful country filled with adventures and amazing people. Thank you, Taiwan!!

Sorry for posting this late!! :) I was so busy with school (what's new :/) HAHA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love!
♡ Mj :)